From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Here is where we are divided
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:29:40 GMT
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:43, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Gump is just a tool.  To me, the output it produces is an indicator of
> how much the development team cares about stability and backwards
> compatibility.

Well you misunderstand. The part that is not compiling is unused in the
container at the current time and references another toolkit that is
currently alpha.  End users never see any change because they are never
exposed to the class.

> In particular, is it a part of the daily thought
> process, or something that *may* be tacked on as a consideration at the
> end of the development process?

It is part of the process which is why users are never exposed to these
details.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald