From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Context: usage recommendations? ( Re: [SUMMARY] Context )
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:00:20 GMT
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:38, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> * If it turns out that both are beneficial, we have some more work ahead of
> us, as neither Context nor ServiceManager reflect this.

Both are beneficial. Useful elements from context;

data:
 - names (including component, partition and application)
 - classloader(s)
 - base deployment directory (potentially work directory aswell)

services:
 - access to input streams of resources stored in deployment package.
 - access to proxying/interceptor chains for current block and ability
   to construct new chains for objects you want to pass around
 - access to "manager" element for current application or parts of current
   application

However the distinction between data and services may be artificial because
any data element can be represented as a service (the service being the thing
that provides data elements).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald