From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to move forward?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:03:54 GMT
Call me a donut but I find working with branches very puzzling (notice
my lack of updates to the forrest docs in framework cvs). I am sure I
will make mistakes if we do lots of stuff on branches.

I think it makes sense to do the first prototyping in avalon-sandbox,
and everytime we have consensus on a piece, that can go someplace new,
whether it's a new repository or a branch in the existing one.

I think we need to slowly move to living without the "jakarta" prefix
regardless :D

I don't think this stuff should be played according to "rules for
revolutionaries". We'll hurt the community. It is pretty cool to have a
plethora of codebases and snippets in (sandbox) CVS (as long as it is
not in the way of users and it is a common rather than a personal
playground it's all okay with me), but we shouldn't apply the whole
majority-rules idea to it.

cheers,

- Leo