From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Here is where we are divided
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:22:18 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 11:43, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > Avalon has still in minds of many a bad name about the heavy
> > refactorings it did years ago. Avalon is stable, works well, but still
> > developers remember what happened back then. I don't want this to repeat.
>
> Avalon is stable?

yup, a lot of the stuff in the avalon project is, even if we don't
always follow XP practices too closely and we sometimes have nightly
builds failing for a few days in a row.

> Things like the following indicate otherwise:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-12-02/jakarta-avalon-phoenix.html

Pete's historically been the one to handle gump; he can't now for
obvious reasons. This is on my TODO. It's just that the community stuff
is way more important atm and stuff like this suffers a little as a
result ;)

cheers,

- Leo