From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Altrmi] a future ?
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:04:43 GMT
I Like "AltRMI", actually. Nice ring. DRMI is good too. It is a fitting
description, and keeps the relationship between RMI and AltRMI clear.

as to destiny....it would be best for the world if this went into JDK
1.5, but as that's not happening it should go somewhere close. RMI has a
usage overlap with SOAP/RPC, yet also with CORBA.

AltRMI deserves more exposure than it gets atm. How to make that happen
though....not quite sure. I do know it has a much wider use than just
within avalon, hence it might be happy over at incubator where it can
gain more advocates and grow into some kind of standard.

cheers,

- Leo