From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Avalon voting process
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:17:17 GMT

+1

> I still have yet to see other charters besides the XML
> one, and voting guidelines do not constitute a charter.
> I suggest that changes to the charter and voting guidelines
> be treated as code changes, with the stipulation that only
> PMC votes are binding.  That allows a PMC member to veto
> a change with proper justification.  Proper justification
> should also have a counter-proposal so that the rest of the
> PMC knows *how* to rectify the situation.

+1

I sent in a couple of questions and suggestions in:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-apps-dev&m=103900145220413&w=2

> Regarding Avalon membership, we should follow the Apache
> bylaws Article IV (4).  Membership meaning committers, and
> PMC.

+1, though this in some points conflict with the proposed
charter (for example, in the bylaws 2/3 majority is enough
to kick someone out, in the charter it is unanimous).

> In regards to the definition of Quorum, we should follow
> the Apache bylaws Article III (3) Section 3.9.

+1

> Are we on board with this?

Almost.

/LS