From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: Charter.txt
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:27:53 GMT
> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
>
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >

> > Peter Donald wrote:

> "unanimous",
> to community
> >>
> >> I am +1 on unanimous because it forces consensus for
> forward motion.
> >> It may mean things take longer to get decided but usually the
> >> decisions are better for it.
> >>

> > And thereby grant the right to a single individual to block
> progress.
> > That takes away the ability of the PMC to function. If when
> you take
> > away it ability to function you have taken away its ability
> to represent
> > the comunity and its ability to meet its obligations to the board.
>
> I wonder if I'm the only one who feels that you two guys want to
> engineer the Avalon charter to route around one another.

Are you referring to Stephen and I?  That is not the case.  We
both feel burned by events in the past, and neither of us wants
the same mistake to repeat itself.  I believe we both have
valid points, and I proposed what I think is a valid compromise.
Hopefully Stephen will agree to that middle ground.