From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] Sandbox code is clearly marked
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:28:13 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Peter Donald wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I think we need to mark sandbox code clearly as being
> sandbox code. To do this
> >we could require that components in this place are put in
> the package.
> >
> >org.apache.avalon.sandbox.X
> >
> >This will make it very clear to users what the status of
> code is and thus they
> >wont be misled into thinking that it is anything it is not.
> >
> >Thoughts/Votes?
> >

> -1
>
> That just makes for more work for users and developers.
> The status of sandbox content is well documented - both on
> the site and
> in respective packages.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/sandbox/warnings.html

-1 for the same reasons.

Sandbox should reflect as close as possible what the end-user
will see.  If we force a package name change as the last stage,
that introduces a known risk to early adopters and we will have
less feedback.

The warning that the codebase can change dramatically at any time
until it is released should be good enough.