From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject Avalon voting process
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:10:12 GMT
I propose that we follow the voting process outlined
by Incubator.  It is standard across all the projects
I have seen.  It addresses voting process of the community
at large, but does not address the voting process of
the PMC.

I still have yet to see other charters besides the XML
one, and voting guidelines do not constitute a charter.
I suggest that changes to the charter and voting guidelines
be treated as code changes, with the stipulation that only
PMC votes are binding.  That allows a PMC member to veto
a change with proper justification.  Proper justification
should also have a counter-proposal so that the rest of
the PMC knows *how* to rectify the situation.

Regarding Avalon membership, we should follow the Apache
bylaws Article IV (4).  Membership meaning committers, and
PMC.

In regards to the definition of Quorum, we should follow
the Apache bylaws Article III (3) Section 3.9.

Are we on board with this?