From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Phoenix 4.1alpha (preview release)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:41:25 GMT
Cool, ta, I will play, this is down for James 3 so I can wait a wee while for a release.

BTW the mailet dependance on Avalon will be going soon, we're planning to move it up into
the MailetContext and hide it from Mailets, so removing a bunch of Avalon and James classes
would be nice too.

The longer term game-plan is to remove all of the standard mailets into a seperate sub-project,
where they would be available to help kick-start anyone else's development of a mailet container.

Ultimately I'm planning to mirror the .war system of distribution for servlet apps, whereby
even mailet-app configuration is restricted to its own file.

Changes intended to encourage 3rd party mailet developers to build re-distributable apps.

d.