From "Daniel S. Haischt" <sirab...@gmx.net>
Subject AW: Customizable ClassLoader trees
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 00:01:33 GMT
my OpenEJB block uses a similar hirarchical
classloader system. because i did the classloader
by myself as a part of my iChilli app server
i am configuring the classloaders within the
block's config.xml file.

additionally the iChilli app server that i
am currently developing starts several servers
(a web container, an ejb container, a jms server etc.)

because a ejb container needs to now when a
content of a specific directory will change
it is possible to add a <monitored>true</monitored>
flag to a specific classloader. that enables
a server (ex.: openejb) to register itself
as a ClassLoaderListener. that way a ClassLoader
will deliver added/deleted/changed events to
the appropriate server.

allthough as i said i created this classloader
systems a couple of weeks ago and i did it within
three days, so i didn't test every possible
scenario that could occure while using the
classloaders.

if you want i can send u my configuration files
and some UML digrams that illustrate what i have
described above.

regards

daniel s. haischt
--

/src/conf/simpleserver-environment.xml?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs
-markup

Once you define classloaders using this mechanism you can then later aquire
the classloaders in your blocks via something like

getBlockContext().getClassLoader( "my-classloader" );

Anyways I hope to do docs next week sometime after the long weekend.

Comments?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald