From Howard Henson <hhen...@aosl.co.za>
Subject Ability to hide assembly file complexity -
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:43:09 GMT
I have been working with Phoenix for a short while now and am trying to
generically access services I have created without having to pre-configure
every possible dependency.

If there a way to rather be able to access a service registry where the
service could be found dynamically and accessed dynamically?

Also it seems like the assembly file and the @phoenix comments seem to be a
duplication of effort. What was the thinking behind this?

If you left the @phoenix comments in place would it not make sense to
simplify the assembly file to only bind the role to implementation and not
have to specify the dependencies since they are already specified in the
@phoenix comments?

Along the same lines it does not seem sensible to not be able to use
components in a self contained fashion, currently if I want to use a
component I need to define the component and all components that the
component relies on, etc. and then only can I define my component that makes
use of the other component. If there were some way to define a standard use
of a component with all the information that would exist in the assembly
file for that component in a seperate file that can be included (like in a C
#include) to facilitate simplier re-use.

Regards

Howard Henson