From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix environment configuration
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:09:37 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:13, Mauro Talevi wrote:
>

>>a few questions related to phoenix environment:
>>
>>1.  Is there a way to pick up the value of an env variable set in a
>>shell, eg $PROJECT_HOME?
>>

>Not at this stage. I actually have code that would do this and could integrate
>it with Phoenix if it is desired. Could you please add this as a feature
>request to Bugzilla (Available at bottom of menu on LHS of phoenix homepage).

great - I think it would be useful, eg when you need to write and/or
read something from a dir and you
want to make the sar portable across platforms.
will add feature request.

>>2.  In the
>>http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/phoenix/assemblers/environment-xml-specifi
>>cation.html it reads that to specify a keystore
>>
>>    <policy>
>>      <keystore name="foo-keystore"
>>                location="sar:/conf/keystore"
>>                type="JKS" />
>>
>>      <grant code-base="file:${app.home}${/}some-dir${/}*"
>>              key-store="foo-keystore" >
>>        <permission class="java.io.FilePermission"
>>                    target="${/}tmp${/}*"
>>                    action="read,write" />
>>      </grant>
>>

>>yet, when phoenix starts up it complains about an invalid URL (unknown
>>protocol sar:).
>>What is the recommended way of accessing resources that have been
>>bundled in a Sar?
>>Trying to do it via the file: protocol also fails.
>>

>What version of phoenix are you using? If you are using an old version then it
>is expected to fail. If you are using a new version then thats a bug. It
>seems to work in the latest CVS version though.

problem occurs with 4.0.1 - is there a release out in which it is fixed
(I presume it could only be 4.0.2)?
The workaround has been to get APP_HOME_DIR directly from the Context.

>>3. Is there any specific policy that needs to be set to use JSSE within
>>phoenix?
>>

>Not that I am aware of. You can just remove the policy element and then all
>your code will be loaded with the "AllPermission" which means everything
>*should* work.

yes - got it working.

Cheers, Mauro