From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cornerstone questions
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:53:53 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 02:24, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
>>Hello folks,
>>
>>I've two questions concerning Cornerstone:
>
>>There is no way to download it except via cvs.
>
> yep.

How about building nightlies? Anyway, a release would be nice, even if
only an alpha or beta release. But we need some defined version of
cornerstone. It seems to be fairly stable in production use.

>>2. Cornerstone has a DefaultChannelManager, which apparently uses the
>>new java.nio classes to provide non-blocking IO. How do I use it? Is it
>>possible to use it with the DefaultConnectionManager?
>
> There is no equivelent to DefaultConnectionManager for NIO at this stage. ATM
> the ChannelManager just abstracts creating channels.

Is this meant to be used in some way or is it just "work in progress"?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung