From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Cornerstone questions
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:24:35 GMT
Hello folks,

I've two questions concerning Cornerstone:

1. What are the current release plans? Has there ever been a release?
There is no way to download it except via cvs.

2. Cornerstone has a DefaultChannelManager, which apparently uses the
new java.nio classes to provide non-blocking IO. How do I use it? Is it
possible to use it with the DefaultConnectionManager?

This is the code I currently have:

m_socketManager =
(SocketManager)serviceManager.lookup(SocketManager.ROLE);

m_connectionManager =
(ConnectionManager)serviceManager.lookup(ConnectionManager.ROLE);

final ServerSocketFactory factory =
m_socketManager.getServerSocketFactory("plain");

serverSocket =
factory.createServerSocket(m_port,2048,m_bindTo);

public ConnectionHandler createConnectionHandler() throws Exception {
   return new MyHandler();
}

And in MyHandler.java:

public void handleConnection(final Socket socket) {
   ... do my stuff ...
}

Is it just a matter of replacing the SocketManager with the
ChannelManager? Do I still get a Socket as Parameter within
handleConnection or is it now a Channel or even a mapped Buffer?

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring