From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: AW: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:01:29 GMT
Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
> the point is that people who just want to use a container like system,
> first of all are getting focused to phoenix because there is a allready
> working release and a couple of other third party projects are using
> phoenix as their underlying technology. so basicly phoenix has been
> proven to work out of the box and that is what matters to people. having
> a different architectural design approach isn't that much important to
> people if they are just starting over to use a container system.

As a "corporate user" I can only agree. We use Phoenix, because it does
what we want and we know there is a community of developers behind it,
that overlaps with the Avalon community. If Phoenix were to be seperated
out, it would in fact be more likely that we choose another container.
As it is, we stay with the "Avalon-community-recommended-and-most-used"
container.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring