From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:55:38 GMT

Daniel S. Haischt wrote:

>hello,

Consider it as nothing more that me exposing a little frustration from
time to time on statements of what has happened, and annoyance
concerning projections about what will happen.  His comments on
interference and etc., etc. is so full of rubbish - and I reserver the
right to correct him when he drops these little references.  One day
Pete's going to get over whatever his problem is - but as long as he
keep up the back-stabbing, slander and innuendoes ... well, he's going
get his but kicked because he has a tendency to do all over the place -
not just here.

There is a seperate thread just reserved for this which Pete needs to
respond to.

>the point is that people who just want to use a container like system,
>first of all are getting focused to phoenix because there is a allready
>working release and a couple of other third party projects are using
>phoenix as their underlying technology. so basicly phoenix has been
>proven to work out of the box and that is what matters to people. having
>a different architectural design approach isn't that much important to
>people if they are just starting over to use a container system.
>
>so what i have to say is - don't screw up the good work just because
>having two opposit opinions. that problem could be solved.

I really thing things could go a lot further than that.  If you look at
the solutions that are being addressed by Merlin and Phoenix - they are
different.  Phoenix is much more focussed on the application deployment
scenario.  If you attempt to look at Phoenix as a enbeded component
deployment solution is sucks big time.  If you look at Merlin it has
zero app level features (i.e. Merlin as app-server solution sucks) - but
it really is nice at the component level.  Heck - putting these
solutions together would be brilliant.

Cheers, Steve.

>With best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>
>Daniel S. Haischt IT Consulting
>______________________________
>[revolutionary and alpha geek]
>
>Daniel S. Haischt