From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:05:58 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:17, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
>>Regardless, what you describe seem to be interpersonal problems between
>>certain individuals. Would you mind explaining precisely why a promotion
>>of Phoenix to a TLP would solve these socially motivated problems?
>>

>Because those same individuals have vote and commit privlidges on phoenix. And
>thus people who have never participated in the development of Phoenix can
>block changes in phoenix if it conflicts or competes with their pet toolkit
>(this has happened in the past and will happen again if we stay). Progressing
>to a TLP essentially removes that risk.

There are two mistakes you have made here Pete:

  1. I have contributed to Phoneix during its early days, locating
     and reporting bugs, documentation and end-user support (back
     when there were lots of problems and the comunity was small).

  2. Objections that I have raised have been in relation to the
     overarching issue of avoiding inconsitencies and
     incompatabilities related to concurrent containerment
     solutions.

The problems that have occured arrose when we didn't agree on approaches
concerning component assembly, configuration and context management, and
more recently - meta.  You made it clear that the approaches I was
putting forward at the time would *never* make it into Phoenix (or any
other project you consider to be under your control). You reinforced
that point of view with sustained -1, ensuring my exclusion. Following
this, you chose to proceed on a path of character assasination.

Well, what can I say, ... keep up the good work?

:-)

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell