From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:17:43 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had hoped that it would not get to this point but unfortunately that does
> not seem to be the case. However it looks like the best thing for all parties
> involved is to break up Avalon into different projects. One of the first
> things I am going to propose is the graduation of Phoenix and related
> infrastructure to a new top level project.

I don't know about all the problems you mentioned, I only subscribe to
this list and it has always been very helpful and friendly. I think you
should clearly identify the lists that you think are becoming
ineffective - certainly you don't mean this one?

Regardless, what you describe seem to be interpersonal problems between
certain individuals. Would you mind explaining precisely why a promotion
of Phoenix to a TLP would solve these socially motivated problems?

I'm not for or against your proposal (and have no vote anyway), I just
would like to understand it :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring