From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestize Phoenix
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 01:59:49 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:59, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>>The steps involved in doing this include;
>>>* creating an xslt sheet that converts from anakia to forrests document
>>>DTD * converting all the docs to this new DTD
>>>* updating the build process to actually use forrest
>>
>>Can't we simply require Forrest to be installed?
>

> We can do that. But the docs need to be generated as part of the "dist" ant
> target.

Ah, ok.

> So I figured the best way was to call forrest from docs.xml - is
> there an alternative ?

I'd do this: require to install Forrest and add the Forrest target to
the buildfile as an external entity that Jeff has already put in the
Forrest distro.

>>Can I dare to volunteer?
>
> That would be fantastic!

:-)

I started looking at the dir structure... it's ok if I commit the new
docs stuff in ./src/documentation/** ?

Also, currently the docs are in ./src/documentation/content/xdocs/**,
and images in ./src/documentation/resources/images/**.

I would like to put all in ./src/documentation/content/** right away and
make the necessary changes to Forrest for it as we have already decided
to do it; I gather that with Avalon it can be better to start off with
the new layout.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -