From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: ant.jar in distribution
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:14:56 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

>I would prefer to not add it in. However what i will try to do over next
>little bit is add in a warning if it is not on classpath. If you want to send
>a patch for the build file it will get done quicker ;)

I've tried to test for the availability of ant by say

<available property="ant.present" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Task"/>

 but - oddly - the property ant.present is comes out always set to true,
even when ant.jar is not in the classpath.
But if it's not the compilation fails.  So maybe it's a question of how
the IDE deals internally with ant.
In any case, it's not a big issue.  If there are reasons not to add
ant.jar to the libs, I'll simply copy ant.jar
to the lib dir and that solves it.

Cheers, Mauro