From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:04:01 GMT
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 06:53, Scott Tavares wrote:
> ... is there any support for clustering(load balancing/failover)?

In a word - no. Phoenix is a lower level container and has "system" level
services in it (such as SocketManagers). As such it does not make a lot of
sense to "cluster" these sorts of services. There are a couple of people who
have implemented "clustered" applications on top of Phoenix but as yet the
toolkits that enable this have not been extracted and put out in opensource.
I hope to convince them to do it sometime in the future ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald