From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Auto-assembly
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:27:12 GMT
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:11, Paul Hammant wrote:
> I'd prefer this to be done to HEAD entirely.  Why? Well we have
> pre-alpha of 4.1 available for download and no promises have been made
> for alpha or beta of 4.1.  If assembly.xml is present I'd imagine that
> there is no need for the experimental code to be executed. As such, and
> given all live usages of Phoenix will already have assembly.xml files in
> the sar file, I'd suspect that there is not problem for head development..

It is not so much because it is experimental but because I don't want to break
anything I can't fix and sans CVS access thats could happen. The changes are
wide-ranging and require massive updates to a whole sleugh of files - mainly
as auto-assembly was written on top of an ContainerKit-enabled Phoenix. So
while there is such large changes I would prefer it to happen in a branch. We
can suck it back into head in a few weeks if all goes well.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald