From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix environment configuration
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:19:49 GMT
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:13, Mauro Talevi wrote:
> a few questions related to phoenix environment:
>
> 1.  Is there a way to pick up the value of an env variable set in a
> shell, eg $PROJECT_HOME?

Not at this stage. I actually have code that would do this and could integrate
it with Phoenix if it is desired. Could you please add this as a feature
request to Bugzilla (Available at bottom of menu on LHS of phoenix homepage).

> 2.  In the
> http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/phoenix/assemblers/environment-xml-specifi
>cation.html it reads that to specify a keystore
>
>     <policy>
>       <keystore name="foo-keystore"
>                 location="sar:/conf/keystore"
>                 type="JKS" />
>
>       <grant code-base="file:${app.home}${/}some-dir${/}*"
>               key-store="foo-keystore" >
>         <permission class="java.io.FilePermission"
>                     target="${/}tmp${/}*"
>                     action="read,write" />
>       </grant>
>

> yet, when phoenix starts up it complains about an invalid URL (unknown
> protocol sar:).
> What is the recommended way of accessing resources that have been
> bundled in a Sar?
> Trying to do it via the file: protocol also fails.

What version of phoenix are you using? If you are using an old version then it
is expected to fail. If you are using a new version then thats a bug. It
seems to work in the latest CVS version though.

> 3. Is there any specific policy that needs to be set to use JSSE within
> phoenix?

Not that I am aware of. You can just remove the policy element and then all
your code will be loaded with the "AllPermission" which means everything
*should* work.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald