From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Conversion of the Phoenix documentation to Forrest
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:16:04 GMT
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:54, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >>The sources to change are in ./build/webapp, you will need to synch them
> >>with the actual docs manually.
> >
> > Is there anyways to update the jetty integration so this is not required
> > - as thats precisely the reason I avoid using it.
>
> What if in the build we add for now a copy of newer files from webapp to
> content?

That makes my skin crawl ;) Too many times have I buggered up with auto
copying around. I once lost about 3 days work on avalon because of this ...
it was right before I made sure our build process did no copying ;)

If we can detect newer/modified files and then copy them to another directory
(as backup). Then have the user go through the directory manually and copy
back to original position then I would be kool with that. I just get really
really really nervous when doing overwrites ;)

I can keep going with CLI even if, as Jeff puts it, "it is pure evil!" :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald