From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/configuration/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/configuration/validation ConfigurationValidator.java ConfigurationValidatorFactory.java DelegateEntry.java DelegatingConfigurationValidatorFactory.java JarvConfigurationValidator.java JarvConfigurationValidatorFactory.java ValidationResult.java
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:53:49 GMT
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:43, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 10:24  PM, proyal@apache.org wrote:
> >   Log:
> >   * Initial cut at factoring out configuration validation from Phoenix
>
> Hopefully later this week.
>
> I'd like to validate environment, config and assembly when loaded.
> Ideally the kernel.xml also, but that presents a chicken/egg scenario
> since i was going to mount the validator as a component inside the
> kernel.. thoughts/opinions?

huge +1

Just what I started to do this morning but if you want to do it then you are
more than welcome !!! ;) BTW see thoughts on avalon list for other ideas ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)