From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.1alpha (preview release)
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:07:08 GMT
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:41, Danny Angus wrote:
> Cool, ta, I will play, this is down for James 3 so I can wait a wee while
> for a release.

What time frame are you looking at for James3? I am actually working on a
bunch of stuff at the moment relating to this sort of thing. Basically it is
a combination of metadata, container extentions (interceptors) and tools.

> Ultimately I'm planning to mirror the .war system of distribution for
> servlet apps, whereby even mailet-app configuration is restricted to its
> own file.

kool!

Thats one of the things I am enabling at the moment. Basically a way of
defining "Reusable Units" (think librarys like cornerstone.jar but with a lot
more about metadata) and "Deployable Units" (think .wars, .sars, etc).

Anyways if you are doing this stuff in the near future I will try to get it
cleaned up and check it in somewhere.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
 Mark Twain: "In the real world, the right thing never
happens in the right place at the right time. It is
the task of journalists and historians to rectify
this error."