From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Customizable ClassLoader trees
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 00:46:49 GMT
Hi,

I finally got around to integrating the customizable ClassLoader trees for
Phoenix. I spent a bit of time verifying that it is backwards compatible and
as yet I have been unable to find any case where it breaks previous apps.
Theres a whole bunch of unit tests to verify that this is the case aswell...
however if you notice any change then just drop us a line.

The documentation is not done yet but you can see a slightly older set of
documentation at

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/loader/

and you can see an example of config file (slightly different from one
described on website) at

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-avalon-apps/simpleserver/src/conf/simpleserver-environment.xml?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Once you define classloaders using this mechanism you can then later aquire
the classloaders in your blocks via something like

getBlockContext().getClassLoader( "my-classloader" );

Anyways I hope to do docs next week sometime after the long weekend.

Comments?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald