From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers to convert images to SVG?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:05:52 GMT
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 01:34, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any volunteers out there who would consider converting the images in
> jakarta-avalon-phoenix/src/documentation/resources/images to SVG format? The
> reason for this is that it would allow us to include the images in pdf and
> allow us to resize them with ease.
>
> I am told that SVG is not the best format to edit in and it is better to use
> other tools (Paintshop?) and then convert to SVG - so that may be an option.
>
> I think the src/documentation/resources/images/header.gif originally came from
> another format (Leo?) which may be able to export SVG.

I did the logos (including header.gif), in coreldraw, with originals
available in jakarta-avalon/src/logos (top-of-head); IIRC I also made an
export to adobe illustrator format. I believe the most recent coreldraw
can do good exports; illustrator should as well really, as adobe's one
of the movers behind SVG.

I don't use coreldraw anymore (don't use windoze anymore), but I can try
and find someone to do it....

cheers,

- Leo