From "Daniel Krieg" <dkr...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Re: .xinfo dependencies
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:29:01 GMT

> > <dependency>

<role>org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.http.channels.Processor/Http11<
/role>
> >     <service
name="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.http.channels.Processor"/>
> > </dependency>
>
> I haven't found this service in the cornerstone cvs. Is this something
> you are currently developing? Sounds interesting, can you tell me more
> about it?
>
> Ulrich
I am using Tomcat as a model to create a set of services for Phoenix so that
we can assemble the blocks into a truly component-oriented Servlet
container.
I have made some contributions to the Sevak Catalina project but these were
to merely launch Tomcat as an embedded service within Phoenix.  I wanted
to implement the above mentioned service by wrapping Tomcat's
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor but found that due to Tomcat's
design, I must swallow the entire "plate of spagetti" or not even take a
bite ; )

As such I would like to gradually implement my own components and
contribute them to Cornerstone.