From "Jim Alateras" <j...@intalio.com>
Subject RE: classloader limitations
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 05:48:52 GMT

I have a block in my SAR which attempts to loads a class in a JAR stored in
dist\ext and i get this error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: connectors.mbox.MboxFileSystemConnector
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.findClass
(PolicyClassLoader.java:98)
        at
connector.DefaultConnectorManager.createConnector(DefaultConnectorManager.ja
va:276)
        at
connector.DefaultConnectorManager.initialize(DefaultConnectorManager.java:15
9)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:235)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(Lifecycl
eHelper.java:144)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.startup(
DefaultApplication.java:480)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.doRunPha
se(DefaultApplication.java:428)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.runPhase
(DefaultApplication.java:364)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.start(De
faultApplication.java:138)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUtil.java
:251)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(DefaultKer
nel.java:178)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.addApplication(Def
aultKernel.java:254)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(Default
Deployer.java:340)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(Def
aultEmbeddor.java:498)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(Def
aultEmbeddor.java:491)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFiles(De
faultEmbeddor.java:476)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployDefaultA
pplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:466)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.execute(Defaul
tEmbeddor.java:224)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:158)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:144)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:102)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:94)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:46)
rethrown as connector.SMSConnectorException: Failed to create the connector
connectors.mbox.MboxFileSystem
Connector: connectors.mbox.MboxFileSystemConnector
        at
connector.DefaultConnectorManager.createConnector(DefaultConnectorManager.ja
va:290)