From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix and the Web
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:38:14 GMT
On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 07:43  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:19, Daniel Krieg wrote:
>> The strategy I took in implementing CatalinaSevak was to try
>> to replicate a standard installation of Catalina so that anyone
>> familiar
>> with Catalina administration would be able to maintain CatalinSevak.
>> Is
>> this strategy acceptable in the long run with respect to Phoenix or
>> should
>> this SAR have a separate configuration/administration semantics?
>
> I think thats the way to go. In the future we may want to integrate
> them more
> (or we may not) but it would be best to be able to work of a standard
> Catalina (or Jo or Jetty) because that way we get all the features of
> the
> servlet engine without trying to figure out a way to have some common
> configuration format or whatever.

+1.

wrt the Block vs SAR, I would like to have a way to have dependencies
between SARs. It could be thought of as a Phoenix-in-Phoenix, just
moving up one level from Block and App to App and Partition (or some
other word).

With CatalinaSevak running as a SAR, I would like to be able to deploy
multiple other SARs in a single Phoenix instance that deploy a UI via a
WAR using Sevak. I would follow Paul's thoughts on communication, using
AltRMI or the like so that for scalability the SAR could be deployed in
a remote phoenix instance.

Perhaps ContainerKit can make this all possible.. an xinfo for a SAR :)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org