From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lifecycle methods - order of calling
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:45:20 GMT
I've added a new demo.  This one does nothing other than demonstrate the
order of calling of lifecycle methods for two interdependant blocks.

Educational for many I guess including me.  I had thought that all comps
were passed thru enableLogging(), then all comps passed thru
contextualize() then ... , but it ain't so.

-ph

----
Phoenix 4.0.1
LifecycleDemo1Impl.constructor() called. (You should never do too much
in here)
LifecycleDemo1Impl.enableLogging() called.
LifecycleDemo1Impl.contextualize() called (things like base directory
passed in here).
LifecycleDemo1Impl.service() called (lookup on other services possible now).
LifecycleDemo1Impl.configure() called (configuration from config.xml
passed here).
LifecycleDemo1Impl.initialize() called.
LifecycleDemo1Impl.start() called.
LifecycleDemo2Impl.constructor() called. (You should never do too much
in here)
LifecycleDemo2Impl.enableLogging() called.
LifecycleDemo2Impl.contextualize() called (things like base directory
passed in here).
LifecycleDemo2Impl.service() called (lookup on other services possible now).
LifecycleDemo2Impl.service(), LifecycleDemo1 service looked up
LifecycleDemo2Impl.configure() called (configuration from config.xml
passed here).
LifecycleDemo2Impl.initialize() called.
LifecycleDemo1Impl.myServiceMethod() called.
LifecycleDemo2Impl.initialize(), LifecycleDemo1.myServiceMethod() method
called result = 123
LifecycleDemo2Impl.start() called.
(Ctrl-C pressed) JVM exiting abnormally. Shutting down Phoenix.
LifecycleDemo2Impl.stop() called.
LifecycleDemo2Impl.dispose() Called
LifecycleDemo1Impl.stop() called.
LifecycleDemo1Impl.dispose() Called