From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject ant.jar in distribution
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:15:17 GMT
Hi,

would it be possible to add the ant.jar to the lib directory in the src
distribution?
The reason being that - while it all works fine when building from
command line
(since ant.jar is automatically added to the local classpath in the ant
script) -
it fails to compile when using an IDE-embedded ant executor
(specifically I use Netbeans
but I suppose similar problems are encountered with other IDEs).

One could argue that any class that is imported in the java code
(eg org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException in
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.metagenerate.MetaGenerateTask)
should have the corresponding lib in the project lib dir and be included
in the classpath.

This problem only occurs when defining ant tasks but still it would be
very useful.
I've noticed that avalon-framework does have the ant.jar in lib while
excalibur does not
(and again one has problems when building, eg AltRMI).

BTW,  phoenix-metagenerate.jar in Cornerstone/lib needs to be replaced
with the latest version
with the name changed to MetaGenerateTask.

Cheers, Mauro