From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject MXINFO question
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:10:20 GMT
Hello,

I've just created my first MXINFO file, but the descriptions I put in
don't appear in the management console of MX4J. Apparently the file
wasn't evaluated, but I don't see any error message in phoenix.log. Here
are the files I have:

MyApp - an empty interface class (no methods or constructors)
MyAppMBean - contains some interface definitions for JMX
MyAppImpl - contains the implementations of the MyAppMBean interfaces
and implements MyApp
MyAppMBean.mxinfo - my MXINFO file

Here's my MyAppMBean file:

public interface MyAppMBean {
     public String deleteObject(String id);
     public String getStatus();
     public void resume();
     public void pause();
     }

Here's what I have in the MXINFO file:

<!DOCTYPE mxinfo PUBLIC "-//PHOENIX/Mx Info DTD Version 1.0//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/dtds/phoenix/mxinfo_1_0.dtd">

<mxinfo>

     <topic name="MyApp">

       <!-- attributes -->
       <attribute
         name="status"
         description="Status of MyApp"
         isWriteable="no"
         type="java.lang.String"
       />

       <!-- operations -->
       <operation
         name="deleteObject"
         description="Deletes an Object"
         type="java.lang.String"

         <param
           name="instance"
           description="ID of Object to be deleted"
           type="java.lang.String"
         />
       </operation>

     </topic>

</mxinfo>

I was expecting that the descriptions I put in should appear in the
MX4J-generated MBean web page, but they don't. I can think of two
possible mistakes I made (although the docs don't forbid them):

1. I didn't define all the methods from the interfaces in MyAppMBean in
the MXINFO file, because I only need descriptions for a few.

2. I should have called the MXINFO file MyAppImpl.mxinfo

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring