From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Phoenix nightly http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-13/
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:07:14 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
>>4. To use MX4J a section in kernel.xml has to be commented in. It should
>>be made clearer that this has to be done.
>
> Not sure what you mean exactly.

This is what the section looks like off the shelf (formatting edited by me):

<component role="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.SystemManager"
  class="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.manager.MX4JSystemManager"
  logger="manager" >
<manager-adaptor-port>8082</manager-adaptor-port>

<!--
<enable-rmi-adaptor>true</enable-rmi-adaptor>
<rmi-naming-factory>com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory</rmi-naming-factory>
<stylesheets-dir>conf/xsl</stylesheets-dir>
<user>
   <name>avalon</name>
   <password>phoenix</password>
</user>
-->

</component>

The commented out section has to be commented in, otherwise MX4J doesn't
work (at least the HTTPAdaptor doesn't).

>>The config files really should be commented.
>
> If you want to volunteer to comment the conf file in HEAD branch of CVS I will
> back port it to the released version ;)

If I knew what to write there, I'd do it. The problem is I don't and
there is no way to find out :)

> Not sure. Will look into it on weekend. Can you bugzilla it?

Will do.

> In the meantime you can probably set
> <enable-rmi-adaptor>true</enable-rmi-adaptor>
>
> to be
>
>   <enable-rmi-adaptor>false</enable-rmi-adaptor>
>
> if you don't need the MX4J MBeanServer to be exported to RMI.

The exception doesn't appear that way, but also the MX4J HTTPAdaptor
doesn't work. No HTML pages there for management.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung