From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Phoenix nightly http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-13/
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:57:15 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> A second cut of what will become 4.0.1 has been uploaded.  This one
> includes source as there is not need to use the MX4J head anymore.
>

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-13/
>
> New features :
>
>    Avalon-Framework 4.1.3
>    MX4J 1.1.1 beta1
>
> Not done :
>
>    Move of wrapper dll & jar to bin/lib as the thing barfs on load
> (inexplicably to me).
>
> Can those that had logging concerns please test this one..

1. Excalibur-Datasource still missing.
2. logs directory missing (Wrapper needs it for wrapper.log, but won't
create it)
3. wrapper.log is now called wrapper.log^M - deleting the carriage
return in wrapper.conf fixed this.
4. To use MX4J a section in kernel.xml has to be commented in. It should
be made clearer that this has to be done. The config files really should
be commented.
5. Logging still broken (as noted by another poster).

6. Here's an exception I get when starting MX4J:

rmiURLContext: name is not an RMI URL:
ldap://xxxxxxx.xxxxx.de:389/ou=dev,dc=xxxxx,dc=de

at
com.sun.jndi.url.rmi.rmiURLContext.getRootURLContext(rmiURLContext.java:53)

We are setting java.naming.provider.url to the above value in the
wrapper start script. The old MX4J didn't mind, the new one apparently
does. What to do?

Kind regards,

Ulrich

--