From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:46:51 GMT
Johan,

>> I think it's a good idea to provide these bat files, but I would
>> propose something similar to
>> the Unix camp, ie:
>> 1) a run.bat which runs phoenix in foreground (as run.sh)
>> 2) a phoenix.bat which has different options to launch using the wrapper
>> (eg, launch | install | uninstall )
>>
>> Cheers, Mauro
>

> Attached is an example of this... would it work for you? It surely
> needs some polishing before a release though, but could be a start ;)

Actually having looked at your and Lief's, I think Leif's are better....

Reason : I don't think we should have 'net start phoenix' in batch
files.  It could be that anoother phoenix has already been installed and
that we don't want to run that one.  I think users should get used to
doing 'net start phoenix' and 'net stop phoenix' themselves rather than
relying on convenience batch files.  Lief's also have some separation
between the modes of operation of phoenix.

That said, I've committed neither as some discussion should take place
(my opinion is one of many).

Another thing we need to decide is if wrapper.exe|dll|jar should be in
the bin dir or in bin/lib.

> I used it for an example setup script for Phoenix on windows. I made
> links to it from the start menu with the different parameters. Sadly
> I'm not satisfied with the install system yet :(

:-)

- Paul