From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:24:07 GMT
Paul,

am I mistaken or the fixed that was noted in the run.bat (PHOENIX_SECURE
-> PHOENIX_SM in java command)
has not been applied?

Leif,

> I am sending 4 batch files that you might want to place into the bin
> directory in exchange
> for the current run.bat file.
> Phoenix.bat         (Launches Phoenix as a console app using the Wrapper)
> PhoenixNoWrapper.bat.  (Renamed run.bat)
> InstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Installs Phoenix as an NT service using the
> Wrapper)
> UninstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Uninstalls Phoenix as an NT service using
> the Wrapper)

I think it's a good idea to provide these bat files, but I would propose
something similar to
the Unix camp, ie:
1) a run.bat which runs phoenix in foreground (as run.sh)
2) a phoenix.bat which has different options to launch using the wrapper
(eg, launch | install | uninstall )

Cheers, Mauro