From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:28:18 GMT

Leif Mortenson wrote:

>> * Wrapper 2.2.8 (Windows only) for thunking into the Windows services
>> panel.

Just been going over the wrapper config with the idea of putting
something up to run merlin as an NT service.
The normal starup of Merlin is :

   java -Djava.ext.dirs=[extensions-dir] -jar [merlin-jar-file]
[kernel-file-path]

Do you know off-hand if the wrapper package handles -jar based launching
(i.e. no main class declaration) ?

Cheers, Steve.

> Can't wait for James to get up and running with this version so I
> don't need to build my
> own to use the Wrapper :-)
>
> I am sending 4 batch files that you might want to place into the bin
> directory in exchange
> for the current run.bat file.
> Phoenix.bat         (Launches Phoenix as a console app using the Wrapper)
> PhoenixNoWrapper.bat.  (Renamed run.bat)
> InstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Installs Phoenix as an NT service using the
> Wrapper)
> UninstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Uninstalls Phoenix as an NT service using
> the Wrapper)
>
> These scripts make it easier for users as they do not have to know how
> to use the
> Wrapper, or even what it is.   Currently, they have to read up on how
> the wrapper works
> and then using the following commands to run as a console app, install
> and remove
> Phoenix as an NT service
> Wrapper -c ../conf/wrapper.conf
> Wrapper -i ../conf/wrapper.conf