From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:55:49 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-09/

Great!

> * Wrapper 2.2.8 (Windows only) for thunking into the Windows services
> panel.

Can't wait for James to get up and running with this version so I don't
need to build my
own to use the Wrapper :-)

I am sending 4 batch files that you might want to place into the bin
directory in exchange
for the current run.bat file.
Phoenix.bat         (Launches Phoenix as a console app using the Wrapper)
PhoenixNoWrapper.bat.  (Renamed run.bat)
InstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Installs Phoenix as an NT service using the Wrapper)
UninstallPhoenix-NT.bat  (Uninstalls Phoenix as an NT service using the
Wrapper)

These scripts make it easier for users as they do not have to know how
to use the
Wrapper, or even what it is.   Currently, they have to read up on how
the wrapper works
and then using the following commands to run as a console app, install
and remove
Phoenix as an NT service
Wrapper -c ../conf/wrapper.conf
Wrapper -i ../conf/wrapper.conf