From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Logging in Phoenix
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:12:59 GMT
Mauro,

1. Implementing LogEnabled is enough dude to avoid extending
AbstractLogEnabled, but I think you ask about more complex cases.

2. Other people ask for this too.  The standard way (for the time being)
is to change the logger impl in kernel.conf.  To have a custom phoenix
if you like.

Or is it that you are asking to use Log4J in classes that redirects thru
to the Avalon logger.  I think that is not possible without forking your
own log4j.

3.  Over to others,

4. Some describe Log4J as "pull" logging and LogKit (via
Avalon-Framework) as "push" logging.  The latter is way better when
considering Inversion of control, complex classloader trees and
centralised configuration.  The former is better* when there is no
container, all is in the primordial classloader and the the app is
mainable.  *Others still think LogKit is better goven the properties
file of Log4J.

5. Using google to look for the two will yield many a heated discussion.

- Paul