From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix and the Web
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 23:09:36 GMT
Daniel,

OK, you need to make the blocks available to your client webapps.

I think you'll have problems with classloaders.  I say this because you
hope to get one block to register inserf in JNDI, and a WAR file app to
pull the think from JNDI and cast it to an interface.  I suggest that
you'll get a classcast exception because of the multiple classloaders
involved.

You might find it best to use Cornerstone's publisher or autopublisher
to publish a block via AltRMI.  In the servlet webapp use AltRMI's
client to lookup the implementation.  Currently this will happen over
sockets, getting round the classloader/classcast issue, but in time I
will go back to AltRMI and allow an optimized lookup (a la WebLogic).

Regards,

- Paul