From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:42:57 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>>OK, the wrapper is part of the server, but not needed by the rest of it.
>>All files are now in ./bin, but as Leif pointed out this is not so clean.
>

> We could probably move the jars into bin/lib, native files into
> bin/native/win32/ or bin/native/linux/ or whatever - I presume it is just
> modifying configuration files to get that going.

Personally I would like

bin/lib
bin/lib/native/win32
bin/lib/native/linux... (could be i386, PPC etc)
bin/lib/native/solaris

and so on, for cases like this. That would be close to what Leif
suggested but still not messing up the container's lib dir. And yes, it
should be just some small conf changes to get it working. I'll try to
fix myself some time to test this.

Anyone using the wrapper on Linux or Solaris with Phoenix? Any good/bad
reasons why or why not to include this at the same time as Win32?

//