From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:45:56 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

> I don't think we have a "standard" for where things are downloaded to. We
> could download it to ./tools/X or ./X or even ../X - not sure. "../X" would
> be better if they are large toolkits.

Would you mind agreeing on a standard way then? Or a supposed std way?

I don't like ./X as mx4j is downloaded now. It makes the structure even
bigger than now. I see the point in ../X for large toolkits as you don't
have to download them again if you do a clean checkout. This also
results in new directories among your other projects, which I personally
dislike, but I can live that.

How about

../X for really large toolkits

./tools/X
     or
./download/X

for smaller (normal) ones?

>><little off-topic>
>>You did a good job creating the wrapper. It works surprisingly well.
>></little off-topic>
>

> Yep it is great. At the time I found out about it it was leaps and bounds
> above everything else (and I had looked).

I know ;) I have hit my head against some of those _else_.

//