From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: classloader limitations
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 04:37:31 GMT
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:49, Jim Alateras wrote:
> Are there any classloader limitations that prevent the SAR classloader from
> referencing jars in the dist/lib directory.

should not be.

> Under some circumstances one of
> my blocks throws a class not found exception even though the relevant JAR
> is in the dist/lib directory. Currently, to resolve the problem I need to
> package the JAR within the SAR.

In this case make sure that all the jar placed in dist/lib (lets say foo.jar)
is completely resolvable from dist/lib. However if foo.jar also depends upon
baz.jar which is either an extension (and stored in dist/ext) or stored as
library in SAR-INF/lib then foo.jar will not be able to be resolved as it can
not see all the classes that it uses.

If this is not the case then can you describe the situation in more detail and
hopefully we will be able to figure out whats going on.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald