From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging still broken in nightly release 2002-10-13
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:10:44 GMT
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:58, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > That would be great. Another option may to create a testcase (in HEAD).
> > You can see the testcases in
> > src/test/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/logger/test
> > Just create a new xml file that fails and I will fix it and backport it
> > to the released version.
>
> I'm not sure what a "xml file that fails" means. The examples look like
> excerpts from a sample environment.xml file.

essentially.

> Does this mean I put the
> relevant sections of my environment.xml file there?

If you can get a snippet that fails. The unit test expects two files to be
output. One for myBlock category and one for default category (look at xml
files for specifics).

> But how could you
> test it without the rest of my app?

Maybe you can't. I am not sure ;) If it is easier to produce a sample app that
fails then do that and I will add some junit test cases to cover the
situation as soon as I figure it out ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald