From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] having classloader problems with OpenEJB
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:05:07 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:25, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
> as documented in the jdk documentation, each CL delegates
> class loading requests via loadClass() to its parent CL.

right.

> while the EJB Bean CL tries to load beans, the beans CL also
> tries to load the common EJB interfaces located in the ejb-1.0.jar file.
>
> because the bean CL only has references to EJBs, it delegates the
> loadClass() to its parent class loader, which is in fact the Phoenix
> class loader. as shown above that CL contains the EJB interfaces.
>
> Allthough i am getting the following error message while starting the
> avalon block for OpenEJB.

wierd - not what I would expect. Can you show me the way you are constructing
the URLClassLoader. Hopefully I will be able to figure it out from that.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig