From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix nightly http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-13/
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:00:00 GMT
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:57, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> 2. logs directory missing (Wrapper needs it for wrapper.log, but won't
> create it)

should be fixed ...

> 3. wrapper.log is now called wrapper.log^M - deleting the carriage
> return in wrapper.conf fixed this.

should also be fixed for next build

> 4. To use MX4J a section in kernel.xml has to be commented in. It should
> be made clearer that this has to be done.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

> The config files really should be commented.

If you want to volunteer to comment the conf file in HEAD branch of CVS I will
back port it to the released version ;)

> 6. Here's an exception I get when starting MX4J:
>
> rmiURLContext: name is not an RMI URL:
> ldap://xxxxxxx.xxxxx.de:389/ou=dev,dc=xxxxx,dc=de
>
> at
> com.sun.jndi.url.rmi.rmiURLContext.getRootURLContext(rmiURLContext.java:53)
>
> We are setting java.naming.provider.url to the above value in the
> wrapper start script. The old MX4J didn't mind, the new one apparently
> does. What to do?

Not sure. Will look into it on weekend. Can you bugzilla it?

In the meantime you can probably set
<enable-rmi-adaptor>true</enable-rmi-adaptor>

to be

  <enable-rmi-adaptor>false</enable-rmi-adaptor>

if you don't need the MX4J MBeanServer to be exported to RMI.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner