From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging still broken in nightly release 2002-10-13
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:26:28 GMT
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:53, Oliver Flege wrote:
> Hi,

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you download

http://jakarta.apache.org/~donaldp/avalon-demo.sar.zip

rename it to avalon-demo.sar and place it in $PHOENIX_HOME/apps and then
startup phoenix. You should see two log files created avalon-demo.log and
thread-manager.log and both should have content in them. (thread-manager.log
has all the logs for thread-manager block and avalon-demo.log has all the
rest).

If you don't have this can you make sure you downloaded the archive from

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/nightly/2002-10-13/

If that still does not help then can you send me an example which fails
(especially the environment.xml).

> I started phoenix with the -d option and got some debug log messages
> telling me that the environment.xml is parsed correctly:
> DEBUG   2002-10-14 09:34:35.108 [Phoenix.] (): added logger for category
> foo

thats fine.

> but the log file does not contain any messages indicating the logger for
> the respective category is ever returned ("Logger for category foo
> returned"), which it should if everything would work correctly.

Thats also fine. Phoenix grabs the DefaultLogger and then uses that to aquire
other loggers so you will never see "Logger for category foo returned" in the
logs.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald